The lighthouse at Formentor, Mallorca

The background shows sidewalk tiles - "rajoles" - that pave the sidewalks throughout Barcelona. They were designed by architect Puig i Cadafalch for the entryway of a home. Since 1915, they have been used by the city to pave sidewalks, and have become emblematic of the city. One of the city's most famous chocolatiers, Enric Rovira, produces chocolate bars in the shape and design of these tiles.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"That's how God works"

Elder Johnson was in the train station last week waiting for a train and contacted the man next to him who had no interest in the Church. While talking he noticed another man standing a little ways off and felt like he should talk to him, so he walked over and struck up a conversation, telling him he was from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The man responded, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? My parents have been going to that church and called me to tell I needed to go. I have the name of the Church on a slip of paper in my wallet, but have not been able to find the Church." Elder Johnson said, "Well, I had a feeling I should get up and talk with you," and the man replied, "Yes, that's how God works. I had a feeling that I should talk to you and your companion but I thought you were Jehova's Witnesses and I'm not looking for them!"

Thanks, Elder Johnson, for listening to the Spirit and acting on your promptings!

1 comment: