We had a marvelous and spiritually uplifting 3 days with 32 of our missionaries, included four hermanas. On Tuesday morning, the first day of the training, we spent some time reviewing principles of finding people to teach. For lunch, every missionary received a little cash to buy a sandwich, and they fanned out from the stake center to find both food and people and teach!
|Elders Jimenez and Rhead teach|
a man from Córdoba
|Hermanas Rodriquez and Soderquist visit|
with a woman on the sidewalk
|Elders Hadley and Corbitt write down the contact|
information of a potential investigator
- Our Missionary Purpose - The Doctrine of Christ
- The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion
- The Process of Revelation
- Revelation through Prayer
- Revelation through the Book of Mormon
- Revelation through Church Attendance
- Teach People, Not Just Lessons
- We Invite, They Commit, We Follow Up
- How to Begin Teaching
- The Faith to Find - Finding People to Teach
- Leveraging the Power of Members
- Planning to Baptize
In addition, we watched one of our favorite movies: The District. If you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it, as well as The District 2. These are live, unscripted, videos of real missionaries and real investigators, filmed by camera crews who spent several weeks filming virtually everything the missionaries did. The are awe-inspiring!
|Final day of leadership training|
The meeting concluded with messages from Hna. and Pte. Hinckley and a wonderful testimony meeting. We left having been taught and edified by the Spirit, and rejoicing together!